Thursday, December 1, 2011

It Starts

So I was at work today in a meeting and someone mentioned how lucky we are to have a job and I agree. I am so thankful to be employed in these hard economic times, however it was what he said next that started me thinking after saying "We are so lucky to be employed, and our jobs stable! FOR NOW" ok that's true nothing is guaranteed, but of course that just sort started me on the path to thinking about starting this blog. This person was a higher level manager in the big company I work for so if he's saying that who knows what he knows and anyway. I remembered reading a few weeks ago about the Grand Opening of a new facility in India for our company now this is not new we'd been over there in a smaller capacity for years, but yes I am getting a bit off track here so what that got me thinking about was all the stuff I have that has a little sticker or stamp or imprint that say "Made in China" Now the company I work for is not manufacturing, but it's kind of the same principal we have so much stuff made in other countries (mostly China) It got me to thinking well what stuff is made in America? and What Companies are all in America? I thought about it more and I decided I want to find out! So my plan for this blog is to find stuff that is made in America! Don't get me wrong I've bought some great stuff that said Made In China on it or some other country, but I want to see more great stuff made in America! So I am going to be searching this out on the web in stores wherever and then I'm going to write about it here. This may be challenging, but I think I'm up for it I will post 2 to 3 times a week about products I've found or companies that do great things for the USA. I sort of tried this once before not the blogging part, but the trying to not buy anything that said Made in China on it and wasn't super successful, but now I'm more determined than ever so Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment